Turned the news on to see if we heard about anyone we know from back where we lived near El Paso and some yahoo out of Georgia is on there and he says we got to stop people from attacking people, etc and he used the word religion????
Okay yahoo, obviously with that fancy college education you got no clue what the definition of religion is….
RELIGION, noun relij’on. [Latin religio, from religo, to bind anew; re and ligo, to bind. This word seems originally to have signified an oath or vow to the gods, or the obligation of such an oath or vow, which was held very sacred by the Romans.]
1. religion in its most comprehensive sense, includes a belief in the being and perfections of God, in the revelation of his will to man, in man’s obligation to obey his commands, in a state of reward and punishment, and in man’s accountableness to God; and also true godliness or piety of life, with the practice of all moral duties. It therefore comprehends theology, as a system of doctrines or principles, as well as practical piety; for the practice of moral duties without a belief in a divine lawgiver, and without reference to his will or commands, is not religion
2. religion as distinct from theology, is godliness or real piety in practice, consisting in the performance of all known duties to God and our fellow men, in obedience to divine command, or from love to God and his law. James 1:26.
3. religion as distinct from virtue, or morality, consists in the performance of the duties we owe directly to God, from a principle of obedience to his will. Hence we often speak of religion and virtue, as different branches of one system, or the duties of the first and second tables of the law.
Let us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religion
4. Any system of faith and worship. In this sense, religion comprehends the belief and worship of pagans and Mohammedans, as well as of christians; any religion consisting in the belief of a superior power or powers governing the world, and in the worship of such power or powers. Thus we speak of the religion of the Turks, of the Hindoos, of the Indians, etc. as well as of the christian religion We speak of false religionas well as of true religion
5. The rites of religion; in the plural.
I saw not one word about people….. NOT ONE WORD ABOUT HUMAN!!!!
So, yahoos who keep saying I am attacking SOMEONE….. at least with my fucked up eyes I can read the definition and it’s not what you think….
Back to our regularly schedule rants….
Sgt. USAF DAV I Remember… Margie…